Zachary joined the firm in 2021. He began his education at the University of California, San Diego where he received two bachelors degrees: One in African History and the other in American Politics. He graduated from UCSD Magna Cum Laude. He began attending USC Gould School of Law in August of 2016. He was an active member of the student body, serving as President of the Jewish Law Student Association. While at USC, he took all tax classes that were offered at the law school. In addition, following the passage of Tax Cuts and Jobs Act in 2017, he helped edit the book, Federal Income Tax (Examples & Explanations), by Katherine Pratt and Thomas Griffith. Following his graduation in 2019, he began attending Loyola Law School to pursue his LLM in Tax. He graduated from Loyola Law School in December of 2020.
At KFB Rice, Zachary brings a vast array of tax knowledge. He has previously worked at a large accounting firm and is very familiar with various tax forms including Forms: 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 5471, and 3520. Zachary works closely with our partner Neda Barkhordar on various tax compliance issues such as the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program, inbound planning, and multinational planning. Zachary also works extensively in advising clients in basic estate planning and complex estate planning.
In addition to his experience with tax forms and tax compliance, Zachary has extensive experience in dispute resolution. He worked at the Los Angeles Superior Court as a mediator from 2018-2019 and successfully settled dozens of matters before the court.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, 2020; LL.M. (Tax)
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law Los Angeles, California, 2019; J.D.
- University of California, San Diego 2012; B.A. Magna Cum Laude– Double Major: African History and Political Science- specialization in American Politics
What Sets Us Apart?
- Over 3 Decades of Experience
- Specialist in taxation through the California Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified as a specialist in elder law through the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys