Mr. Givner has been practicing tax law for almost four decades concentrating on income tax planning, estate tax planning, sophisticated retirement plans, asset protection planning, charitable planning, capital gain planning, tax litigation, and the representation of high net worth and high-income families, as well as individuals and their closely held corporations.
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York, 1977; LL.M. (Tax)
- Columbia Law School, New York, New York, 1976; J.D.
- University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 1973; B.A. – Major: History
- “The Three Legged Stool: Simple, but Sophisticated, Estate Tax Planning” in California State Bar Trusts and Estates Quarterly
- “Attacking the IRS: Ignorance or Stupidity” in Accounting Today
- “Taxpayer Victory Over IRS: Even a Bad Appraisal Can Be A ‘Qualified’ Appraisal” in Accounting Today
- “Same Sex Marriage: Taxes and Real Estate” in Los Angeles Daily Journal
- “IRS Tackles Four-Time Super Bowl Champion for a $5 Million Loss” in Accounting Today
- “Valuable Homes, Pitiful Exemption” in CalCPA Buzz
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arthritis Foundation, San Fernando Valley Branch; President
- Arthritis Foundation, L.A. Chapter; Member, Board of Directors and Board of Governors
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, L.A. Chapter; Member, Board of Trustees, Planned Giving Committee
- City of Hope, Finance Associates Chapter; Board of Directors
- Guardians of the Jewish Homes for the Aging; Board of Directors
- UCLA Alumni Association; Board of Directors, Legislative Relations Committee
- UCLA Alumni Association, 1991; Board of Directors, Public Service Awards Committee
- Beverly Hills Bar Association; Past Chair, Employee Benefits Committee
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Tax Section; Executive Committee American Bar Association, Section of Taxation; Employee Benefits Committee
What Sets Us Apart?
- Over 3 Decades of Experience
- Specialist in taxation through the California Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified as a specialist in elder law through the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys