Neda is a graduate of UCLA, where she completed her degree in 3 years summa cum laude; she received her law degree from UCLA where she completed the Business Law and Policy Specialization in Taxation and received A’s in all of the major tax classes; and she earned her LLM in tax from NYU (with a 3.8 GPA), 35 years after Bruce did.
At KFB Rice, LLP Neda has advised clients on both regular estate planning, such as pourover Wills and family trusts, and complex estate tax planning involving private annuities, QPRTs, SCINs and GRATs. She has been the primary advisor to clients and their other advisors about the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (taxpayers with delinquent Foreign Bank Account Reports). Neda is constantly working on inbound planning (non-U.S. people who wish to invest in the U.S. or give assets to their U.S. family members), multi-national planning (clients with assets in the U.S. and other countries, e.g., Germany, Russia and France) and other problems, including innocent spouse, offer-in-compromise and installment agreements. Neda has filed Tax Court petitions and is actively engaged in negotiations with the Internal Revenue Service and the California Franchise Tax Board on behalf of taxpayers with collection and other problems. She is also currently at work on two large tax-free spin-offs under Internal Revenue Code Section 355. And those are just a few of her past and current projects.
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York, 2012; LL.M. (Tax)
- University of California, Los Angeles, California, 2011; J.D.
- University of California, 2007; B.A. – Major: Sociology
What Sets Us Apart?
- Over 3 Decades of Experience
- Specialist in taxation through the California Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified as a specialist in elder law through the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys