- All of your books and records, including your income statements, balance sheets, general ledgers and other summary records of the business operations
- All of your state and federal income tax returns
- All of your original documents, including sales and purchase invoices, purchase orders, contracts and bank statements
- All of your resale certificates, exemption certificates and bills of lading
- All of your sales tax returns filed with the SBOE and the supporting documentation
Many sales and use tax problems are a result of a business owner’s failure to maintain adequate records. You should not ignore sales and use tax notices, though, just because your records are incomplete. This will result in the assessment of large state sales and use taxes, interest and penalties. Sales and use tax liability is as serious as employment and payroll tax liabilities. Rather than delay, contact David Lee Rice, A Professional Law Corporation, so that we can advise you on the legal reconstruction of lost or unmaintained business records.
California sales and use tax audits are very complicated and require an expert knowledge of the California sales tax laws and SBOE procedures. Our attorneys can handle your audit every step of the way.
If you are being audited by the Internal Revenue Service, Franchise Tax Board or any other state or local tax authority, contact the tax attorneys at David Lee Rice, A Professional Law Corporation, immediately at (310) 517-8600 for a consultation.